Ocean Freight Import Executive
Upto £28,000 dependent on experience
Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
- Experience of ocean freight import is vital for this position.
- Experience providing quotations
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong IT literacy
- A background in shipping and a working knowledge of shipping compliance and regulations.
- Strong numeracy and communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload and ability to work unsupervised.
You will be responsible managing the day to day import operations, including…
- Receiving bookings from Customers to arrange shipments from point of origin to final delivery point.
- Instructing overseas partners to arrange shipments from point of origin and maintaining communication with them to ensure shipments are arranged and booked accordingly.
- To provide quotations to overseas partners and customers.
- To communicate and update customers on a regular basis on the status of their shipments.
- To request information from customers for the preparation & submission to the Customs system and for delivery to the customer avoiding unnecessary delays.
- To submit accurate information to the customs system in compliance with Customs rules and regulations.
- To create jobs in the operating systems.
- To liaise with Shipping lines, LCL operators and service providers, arranging release, delivery and payment of charges in a timely manner.
- To resolve service failures, delays or problems with partners, Shipping lines, LCL operators and service providers to the satisfaction of the customer and the company
- To update and maintain shipping line rates and customer schedules
- To maintain and pass KPI service standards
- To support the management and account managers/BDM’s by providing your experience and knowledge to enable them to develop new business opportunities and maintain good relations with existing customers.
- To work effectively with other team members to ensure good operating procedures and practice.
This is your chance to join a very successful organisation in an extremely interesting position.